Pulsating Xenia Frags

Anyway, back to the frags, Dana, when ever you want to send some of those orange zoos down I will be ready to ship some pulsating xenia up!

Just wanted to share the latest. I'm so pleased with how this stuff is growing right now. Not quite a good as those purple shrooms that Jeff tried to infect everybody's tanks with, but obviously growing.

Here's a picture of one of the frags a week after gluing it to a frag disk. It's already growing out on to the disk, you can barely see the original rock under it!

PulsatingXeniafrags002.gif

They are almost ready for distribution!

if you can't get your mushrooms to spread, maybe thats a good indication..

I read somewhere that mushrooms do not spread under good water conditions, but they will spread like wildfire under less than desirable conditions.

interesting.

yeah, Ive had them for the longest time, and honestly yesterday was the first true 15g water change (what I usually change) I have done since I re-set it up. They were starting to open up until today. They dont look so hot again. Weird.

Another update of a five days growth. If you compare it to the picture above you can see how the base is growing like mad.

PulsatingXeniafrags004.gif

Not to mention a comparison of where we started two weeks ago and where we are tonight.

Two weeks ago:
PulsatingXenia007.jpg

Tonight:
PulsatingXeniafrags004.jpg

I'm just wondering if can grow quicker than Franks fish can eat it. Obviously the clams couldn't.

Okay, I think the frags are ready to go. If you want some just let me know and we'll figure out how to hook up.

Here's the latest picture...

PulsatingXenia.jpg

This is where they started 20 days ago!
PulsatingXenia007.jpg

Back