Pygmy Angel ID

NexDog

Snail Killer
Premium Member
02-rennten05.jpg

Cheers. :)

it doesnt appear to have the characteristic half blue body of an interruptus... maybe it is the shadows

C. interrupta is popularly called and widely known as the Japanese Angelfish, although it exists also in Midway Atoll (fairly common).

I was hoping it was Interruptus. Hiroyuki, it's at Natural in Tokyo.

They want 38000 yen for it ($330) which is a pretty good price. Should I go for it? :)

I'm pretty gutted as my Regal Angel died in QT overnight and I was just starting to raise the salinity. So bloody close! Now it's going to take another 6 months to find a young Red Sea Angel in Japan. :( And I still can't find a BlueLine.....

Will that Interruptus came colour and go more purple?

Hi Lawrence,

Its too bad and I am so sorry for your fish' death. It is too pity when favorites die.

The interrupta seems a bit larger to keep successfully so you may have no chance to see its color change. Or it will grow too large in your tank and eat some coral polyps.

So adult Interruptus have more orange? It's the first time I've seen an Interruptus in over a year so I was naturally excited. I think this specimen is 4" so it is a tad large for a pygmy angel.

Back