QT/Hosp Tank Needed

If one fish is showing the effects of marine ich, all of the fish in the tank are infected. The other fish may be healthy enough to not show signs of the disease, but they are infected and it will show once they are sick enough or stressed.

Marine ich can survive up to 6 to 8 weeks in a fishless system.

If you want to help Develin you will need to treat all of the fish in the tank with hypo or copper and leave the display tank fishless for 6 to 8 weeks.

I hope Develin does well he is really cute.

How long ago did you get this fish? Have you added ANYTHING to the tank since you got him? Ich can come in with ANYTHING that is wet. Yes it can come in with live rock, sand, corals, inverts, etc.

Nope, not any fish or corals.

Randal has graciously offered his cycled QT system for all my fish! :D Thanks Randal! Whatta guy!

Ain't no thing Jeni,

I'll dig out my Handbook of fish diseases just in case, but the Hypo and Rod's food should do the trick for 'em....

You just have to look at an empty (other than corals and inverts) tank for 6 weeks! Be strong!

RandalB

Thanks folks for all your advice. I tried to get a pic of him but there's no way he'll stay still long enough to see the spots or even the fraying fins. He does look better after the Furan dip. Thank you again Randal for your generous offer to take all the fish from that tank. That's exactly what I was looking for! I'm really gonna miss the lil fella. Let me know if you want me to bring some shrimp for him--he loves it. I just soak in Selcon overnight.

I think Rod's has a lot of tiny things he & the others won't bother with. FD/frozen krill/plankton, worms, shrimp & any other crustaceons are best for puffers.

Back