QT tank bacteria bloom?

rogergolf66

im an addict lol
So I have done 3 months of dips on all the corals in the QT tank since getting a bunch of corals infested with AEFW :(. All are clean that I can see at this point. All of those died but 1 colony of purple stylo. I have abou 50 other frags from other sources that have done fine with the qt. Anyways I did my first treatment of 3 for red bugs with interceptor. I did it the same as I always have done but this time I ended up with a bacteria bloom. It hasn't seemed to effect the remainder of the coral, but was just wondering if anyone has any idea why it happened?

I do understand that red bugs are tiny crustaceans. I know there were red bugs in the QT tank so all those dying caused this? Why?

Roger

if your in a low carbon environment - the interceptor could've acted like a carbon source. Have you been dosing vinegar, vodka, no4pox, etc? Running biopellets?

What's the feeding regime look like in QT?

if your in a low carbon environment - the interceptor could've acted like a carbon source. Have you been dosing vinegar, vodka, no4pox, etc? Running biopellets?

What's the feeding regime look like in QT?

No fish just corals so no feeding. Never dosed anything other then Kalk in top off since start of tank. Just check all daily. All other monitoring through apex and seneye monitors ammonia 24/7. Doing second dose of interceptor in the next couple minutes

Back