Quarantine as a Service

TheDeepSandBed

I was wondering if anyone has used a Quarantine as a Service here in the Chicago-land area. I live in a condo and space for QT isn't really feasible for me. So I was wondering if anyone has used or knew of reputable and effective QaaS.

I don't have anything in particular at this point. But I am looking to add some fish after I deal with the bryopsis outbreak. So probably in a month or two I'll be looking to quarantine some smaller fish like a goby or pair of potter's angels, maybe some anthias and wanted to do a full 8 week QT.

Well if it is small fish you really only need a 5 gal bucket with some air stones as a qt. Just always remember a qt doesn't have to be pretty it just has to be functional

Would be great if I could drop my new fish off somewhere and pick it up 2 months later with a certified clean bill of health. Like a fish medical spa.

Great idea for a service, but unfortunately I don't think it would work due to low local demand. Perhaps a national facility, but that would require shipping the new purchase off in the mail and i doubt many hobbyists would be willing to do that.

Well if it is small fish you really only need a 5 gal bucket with some air stones as a qt. Just always remember a qt doesn't have to be pretty it just has to be functional

And a heater (be careful if a plastic bucket as the heat will melt it.) And if that small, you really need accurately to measure salinity and keep steady with regular topoff.

You can buy from Divers Den and be fairly confident fish are disease free post quarantine. Or, you need to set up a separate tank and do it yourself. Best to go 15gal or so, unless it's for larger fish.

Come to Aquatic Experience and talk to me about qt...don't wanna pay that much with my thumbs. ;)

I have a quarantine system setup. I only have some damsels in it until I find my last few fish. It really isn't that bad of a space hog. Small heater, Shark internal filter, couple of PVC pipes and that really it. It would fit on a small dresser.

And it is totally worth it.

Back