Question about clownfish population in my 60G.

i've got not much experience, 2 years of Reeftanks. I read a lot about anemones, what's the anemone that you have for your ocelaris, can u tell me the scientific name?
thanks a lot colby for your hekp!

No problem AJF, I have had Ocellaris host in BTA'S LTA'S Ritteris and some Haddons anemones. Even though Entacamea Quadricolor (BTA) is not a natural host of Ocellaris IME they have eventually accepted them in my tanks though sometimes it can take months. Another option (sort of a shot in the dark though...) is to try a condylactis anemone. Every Maroon. Tomatoe and Clark clown I have ever owned has hosted a condylactis. Some say they will eventually eat the fish though I have never had this happen nor have I heard any first hand accounts of it happening I can neither verify or disclaim it. For the Ocellaris however I think the best option would be to try and get a few BTA's or a few LTA'S. If you go with the Bubble tips set the tank up with a round sort of pillar in the center and space the anemones out around the rock. With time and proper care hey will grow, split and eventually create a little bed of anemones that would perfectly recreate mother nature (as best we can anyway) and make your pair very happy. If you go with the LTA'S try a cove style setup with a deepsand bed and try to make a carpet with the anemones. This will also make the family very happy. In either case do a search in this forum about the anemones (that is if you can et it to work...) and you fill find a wealth of information. Best of luck and keep us updated on the attempt.

Colby

Hi!
I will try the Quadricolor, i ve read that's the easier one... Hope that the ocelaris acept it!
thanks a lot for your help!

Yup, ok well I mentioned the family I have going right now and I finally have it all setup and everything is going well so I will try and get a pic up when I can. My goal with this family was to get a good variety of Ocellaris/percula variations. What I ended up with is a female WC Ocellaris, a male WC Onyx Percula, next in line is Black Ocellaris and then two small Ocellaris (one yellow and one orange) The interaction is really neat to watch. The pair has chosen their home and the next in line hangs out with em' and the other two as well it isreeally worth having a family. Let me know how it goes.

Colby

Back