Question about fish

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15331906#post15331906 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by oddballs
That temp should not have killed your fish.

Diddo! I've had my tank much hire by accident than that. Try 86deg! My guess is the fish was probably stressed/and already sick, and I'm beting your water parameters were way different than the LFS. I would ask them to check their water and see if there was huge difference from theirs to yours. its just a real good example of why you should qt. and trust me none of do it like you should, heck I only have one fish that was qt'd correctly and it is sick 1 week after it got out of qt! Good Luck!

While dwarf angels are a bit hardier then large angels they still require more established tank then yours is at the moment. Flame angels seem to be hit or miss IMHO. They seem to border the dwarf/large hardieness line. The Alk seems on the high side too so I wonder if it added stres to the fish.

BTW my tank is running at 81-82 and has hit 85-86 with no fish or coral lost. Did loose a few snails when it hit that high. I have 2 clowns, a Vlamingii Tang, a BG Chromis, a six line, and a sunrise dottyback.

My heater was malfunctioning this summer and the tank was consistently running 85 degrees during the day. I lost several SPS, but my fish had no problems.

Just wondering, if the fish did happen to have a parasite, wouldn't the higher temperatures help it complete its life cycle faster?

Also,
I would be worried about the large temperature swings though. 74.7 to 77.8 fluctuation is quite a bit. I think that the heater (as long as it is watched, to make sure it doesn't malfunction and overheat) is a good idea.

-Chris

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15335500#post15335500 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cmc0814

Just wondering, if the fish did happen to have a parasite, wouldn't the higher temperatures help it complete its life cycle faster?

That's what I have read about ich...I don't know about other parasites...

LL

Back