Question dosing kalk

ninersrule1

I have 20g cube I'm setting up and trying to decide whether to dose the kalk via the ato or run separate ato and kalk dosing.

I was going to have the ato with kalk controller to only dose at night so that pH remains stable. I can't imagine I will get a ton of evaporation during day that it would require adding too much at one time at night?

Feedback?

Best way to do it is to have a kalk reactor and a separate dosing pump.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I have 20g cube I'm setting up and trying to decide whether to dose the kalk via the ato or run separate ato and kalk dosing.

I was going to have the ato with kalk controller to only dose at night so that pH remains stable. I can't imagine I will get a ton of evaporation during day that it would require adding too much at one time at night?

Feedback?

I really liked dosing separately. The kalk WILL kill submersible pumps for the ATO. BRS doser (or any other brand) worked great. You also have a lot more control to keep the Alkalinity in line. Kalk stir is nice You can use the dosing pump and then upgrade to a Kalk stirrer someday. GL. Post a picture of the install after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep run kalk separate from ato. I'm running kalk in my 34g nano and everything seems to be stable with it. Cheap way to maintain calcium and alkalinity plus. Don't forget the free boost in pH : )

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Yep run kalk separate from ato. I'm running kalk in my 34g nano and everything seems to be stable with it. Cheap way to maintain calcium and alkalinity plus. Don't forget the free boost in pH : )

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
I need this kalk

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back