Questions about new (old) 8 bulb T5

hrdneglcry

Premium Member
I purchased a used Fauna Marin Starfire 8 bulb T5. Guy said when unplugged 6 months ago all 6 installed bulbs worked. It also has leds and fans. When I plug each plug in (it has two) I hear a click in the unit each time. No lights or fans come on. Should the leds or fans still come in even if all 6 bulbs were done?

The best plan I can think of, unless it's too late/impossible to get your money back, is to try new bulbs. I've had fans give out while lighting fixtures still work (the fan assembly was separate), and if there are ballasts, those may need replacement as well.

Yeah. I don't see how the ballasts could all be bad. it has 4. Dude won't do a refund. I replaced all the bulbs. So idk. Thanks for the input. I have a few more things I can check but maybe in the end get an electrician to look at it

Bummer about the refund; Here's hoping it just might be the ballasts in that a clicking noise can go along with a bad ballast. if you have old fluorescents (shop lights, bathroom, etc.) you know that sound.

Back