Questions with pictures

SaltyAF

:spin1:
So I posted on these forums a couple of days ago and asked some questions. I've taken some pictures to help you, help me! Thank you in advance by the way.
My tanks been up for approximately 9 days now and I've had no diatom blooms and only a few small patches of green algae on some of my live rock (maybe two rocks). I've tested the PH twice am/pm without the lights on which read 7.8. I've tested again with the light on for 10-12 hours which read 7.8-am/ 8.0-pm. Ammonia and nitrites still reads 0. When I recently tested nitrates the test color result was in between 0 ppm - 5.0 ppm (It wasn't yellow, but not orange). All tests have been conducted with API Master Test Kit, which some say they're not very accurate. These readings have been consistent the past couple of days. Wondering if my tank has already cycled due to the LR i've purchased at my LFS, LS (CaribSea Arag-Alive Fiji Pink Sand), and my water parameters. Patience is key and I understand that, just wondering if the tank is heading in the right direction.
8swmQ

I've been constantly trying to research new things that I've been seeing pop up in the tank, but it's been somewhat difficult to pin-point exactly what I'm seeing. I figured some pictures would help give me some leads on what to research more into. Your experiences and any input you may have will be greatly appreciated!:thumbsup:

First lets start out with white crusts growing on my live rock. I've noticed it seemed to occur more while having my lights on. I've read that it's signs of the live rock dying. On this image the crust I'm referring to is on the left side of the rock.
1QhwT

I'm also curious as to these grayish-blue spots/patches on a piece of my LR. Sponges maybe?
J5uL3

Another thing I can't really find an answer to are red & purple pointy-like areas on some my rocks
hks5P

viNvw

They say a little bit of research goes a long way! I've continued to research since I became so fascinated with this hobby along with the science/biology behind it all :reading: I would like to thank everyone for their advice in advance! Hope to hear from ya'll soon! :wavehand:

Full tank view

RRKfR
Full tank view

White crust on LR

nBaCo

Grayish-blue spots on LR

v8VHh

Red/purple pointy-like "things" on LR

qtiQt

&
i2oXh

I see no questions nor pictures.

Its in the second imgur link post

And yes while they didn't use proper sentences nor any form of punctuation I assumed that was a "listing" of what they wanted identified..
At least they didn't use text speak yo :)

I'm not sure why everything I've wrote just disappeared.

This forum has some specific "rules" about new users and posting external links,etc... "spam protection of sorts"
I suspect that portion of your posts have been "jailed/blocked" by the forum software..

I just wish that it would let new people know that better..
Sometimes we just see the title and no post at all..
I try to reply stating that "we see you posted but don't see anything yet.. in about 24 hours the moderators will "unjail it" so please hold on.. We aren't ignoring you.."

Back