Radion xr15 x2 90 gal mixed reef

BuffaloNY75

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and am reaching for some advice and ideas. Just finished setting up my 75 gallon tank 2 weeks ago. I went and got 2 radion xr15 pros. Now I am going to disassemble the 75 and move up to a 90 gallon reef ready aquarium. I only have liverock, a clown and a six line wrasse in the tank. No coral yet. I am looking to find out if anyone has a customized lighting schedule programmed for their radions that they would be willing to share? I don't know much about these lights and their optimal settings for coral growth. I also am trying to avoid ending up with a lot of nuisance algae and don't know if running these lights too high may cause that.
My next question/dilemma is setting up a sump filtration system... I have little experience with sump systems. My previous tanks have all had hang on the back filters and hang on the back protein skimmers as well. Is a standard 48"x18" aquarium stand big enough to house a sump filter system? Am I going to have to custom build a stand in order to set up a sump? Lastly, what size tank should be used when starting a 90 gallon mixed feed tank?! Any and all suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you to whoever reads this and takes the time to respond with some advice.

In reality you could use any size tank for a sump it just depends on what you plan to do with your sump. If you want a skimmer, refugium in the sump you will need something to fit that,.which largely depends on the size of your skimmer. For a 90g I'd be looking at a 40g sump. It gives you lots of space to work with. I'm currently sumpless as of right now so but that's just my thoughts. A 40 g should fit right inside your stand no problem just put it in before you fill up your 90 if it couldn't fit through the stands door.

Chevrefils I chose to go with a 30 gallon sump with a Reef Octopus skimmer. I would like to do a refugium set up in the sump, I think I have the room to do it. 30 gallons was the largest sump tank that I could fit stand and still be able to work on it. Im going to start breaking down the 75 Friday. I did notice that I'm starting to get some brown algae spots developing on the live rock any suggestions to nip that before it becomes overwhelming? Also, the 75 has been set up for about 2 weeks, do you think it would be wise to do a small water change tomorrow and then break it down to set up the 90 on Friday??

Back