Radion XR30w Pro

Alvin88m

So I've been thinking about switching from my trinity t5 to the radion xr30w pro LEDs but I have a couple questions. What's the difference between t5s and LEDs?

If I were to switch to the radion xr30w pro would I have to buy two fixtures for my 75g reef set up?

You would need two fixtures to cover the 48 inches I would believe. I had one radion gen 2 over my tank 36 inch length and it covered it well but I would think two in your case is necessary. As far as difference thereis a lot of difference. For one I guarantee you a radion is far far far brighter than whatever T5 fixture you have. But just some general differences the radions are completely controllable, more energy efficient, there's no changing bulbs every year like with T5's or MH, there's no heat transfer, IMO LED's are better than any previous form of lighting in just about every way possible. Now I stated IN MY OPINION because there's lots of debate. Some people have preferences, some people have a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality meaning they like their T5's and halides so why change it. Some people don't think LED is proven enough so aren't fully convinced enough. As for me I'm convinced. LED's are fantastic. If you can get past the sticker shock for a radion or even other LED fixtures they are worth every penny. But even if you think LED's are too expensive you can go used or there's great other fixtures for less for example Reef Breeders are great, Rapid makes nice fixtures as well. So yes I'd say if you can afford it go LED.

I appriciate your help I've been researching the radion and I've fallen in love with them but idk if I can justify having to buy two of them. Guess gotta start saving or wait for tax season lol

I just ordered one from Marine Depot and ended up calling and canceling. I just cant justify spending that kind of money when you watch the reviews and they are pretty close in ratings to other fixtures.

From the research I've seen they're pretty awesome you can't even run at full capacity they're so strong. Wish they were just a little cheaper

I ran one Gen 2 on my 75....Worked fine. Kept softies and LPS to the outer edges, and SPS toward the center. Even had a Maxima clam....Radion won light of the year for a reason,regardless of what the haters say. People that can, buy them.

I just ordered one from Marine Depot and ended up calling and canceling. I just cant justify spending that kind of money when you watch the reviews and they are pretty close in ratings to other fixtures.

I assure you no other LED on the market is close to as nice as the radion. I agree they're expensive but they're phenomenal fixtures. Don't get me wrong there's other nice lights out there surely ones that can do what they need too but the eco tech is by far the best.

Does anyone know if you need timers with the radions or no?

Haha noooo. You can set custom lighting schedules with the Radion through eco techs website. You can even go as far as to add weather periods like clouding or thunderstorms for a realistic natural effect. Also you can change color spectrums, when certain color spectrums come on and off and set intensity for a ramp up and down of power so you don't shock your corals. It's so much more than just a light. The only thing I can think of that's close are AI fixtures but IME the controllers(sold seperately) SUCK. So you spend $400 for say the hydra an additional I think $80. For a little more money you could get a gen2 radion and it's 3x the fixture at least.

The radions I've seen around cost around 800 bucks.. I haven't seen any for around 500 if there is I'd like to know where cause I'll buy them right away

Gen 2 is $650 and $100 off right now. That's for new. It's also easy to go on and buy a gen 1 and just upgrade the lenses too(another big advantage of the radions).

seen any

seen any

The radions I've seen around cost around 800 bucks.. I haven't seen any for around 500 if there is I'd like to know where cause I'll buy them right away

There is a guy selling something like 8 Pro's on the sale thread for a good price.

You don't have enough posts to get it yet. I don't even know if I can or am even allowed to send the link to it either.

I could post the link but the OP could not view it, sorry I did not realize that you did not have enough post 50 and 90 days. Sorry for the tease.

They cost you an arm and a leg didn't they.

1800... which honestly is nooot that bad... yes its almost two grand. but if you look at the energy you save. the money saved on bulbs every year and some of these MH fixtures that are coming out are around 2-3000 dollars. so to me they were well worth the price for them

Alvin how bout chaining your tank to a 36'' x 24 x20 tank you could get away with one pro Led light.

That's a good idea but I'm planning on up grading to a bigger tank so don't see the point in buying another tank that's the same size.

Back