rainbow rock of zoanthids

mfinn

Premium Member
I bought this small frag a couple months ago and it only had 2 different colors of zoanthids on it.
Now it has four or five.

11798rainbow_rock4.jpg

I have some other colonies that have different colors on the same rock, but not this many different colors.

Damn, that is a sweet looking colony!:D

Just be careful with those. There are a couple of clearly different colonies in there.
It looks like those red ones could be morphs of the Orange and white ones. Maybe they'll all turn that color.
The Dragon Eyes will probably not win this battle, so you might want to remove them before they get overgrown. It's just a matter of time.;)

There is a couple dragon eyes and eagle eyes that just showed up in the last week or so.
I do like the red/dark orange color combo.
I've had other colonies of the yellow ones before, but they seem to change, maybe fade would be a better discription, eventually.

I had to eat my hat mfinn.:rolleyes: After I wrote that about your sweet colony, I finally took apart a colony of sweet zoas that I have been meaning to split for a while.
It broke my heart to do it.:sad1:

These guys...
CreetinsEagleEyes.jpg

Yeah, you're not kidding. Believe it or not, I actually was able to successfully split both colonies without any stragglers from either one.
Both colonies are healthy and open. Only the plug sustained major damage.;)

Thanks guys.:)

Last edited:
Back