RBTA Feeding

pledosophy

For fastest growth is it best to target feed the anemones? Is mysis good or is there another food that helps to richen color?

I believe BTA's are good enough with light. I will wait for a more seasoned reefer respond as I would like to know as well.

I have both green and orange BTA'S, I feed them small pieces of silvers ides.
When they are hungry the tentacles seem to enlongate.

I've had carpet, seabae, bubble, long tentacle, and ritteri. You can tell when an anemone is hungry when the tentacles are long. Of course depending on the size of the anemone, about dime sized chunks every other week. Any saltwater meaty fish, anchovies or mackerel, preferably the guts. I release the food close enough for the tentacles to grab and pull it in. When full it will not take any more into its mouth. However, my ritteri will "hold" the food until there is room in the mouth. Seen him hold it for almost 2 hours before putting it into the mouth. Otherwise he also grabs any mysis that float by, I think a mixed diet is best. Never had luck feeding shrimp, I think the meat is too dense. They will also eat chopped manila clams. Clowns help feeding occasionally and help remove anemone waste, they're always good indicators of how the anemone is doing.

Back