RBTA question

TIGER SHARK

I have read that when you cut these in half that they will reconnect if they are placed right next to each other. I believe that they do not usually move around the tank after being cut. So, if you cut them and place them next to each other but have the cut portions as far away from each other as possible, can they still reconnect on the non cut side? Thanks for your help!

Scott

Hmmm... actually, the likelihood of your BTAs fusing/healing is very unlikely (much less so than corallimorphs). The placement of cut divisions is less important than providing optimal physical parameters (light water, flow).

Anthony

I actually want to cut my BTA then move the rock it is attached to back a little bit. I will adjust the powerheads to keep the flow the same and it is still very near my MH lamp, just a little closer to the back of the tank. If all parameters are kept the same (light, flow) and the BTA's are in great health prior to the cut, how long can it take to attach to a new rock they are placed on? I dont think the flow is enough to blow them away but I am not sure.

It will be little or no trouble to move your division backa bit. You can expect it to re-attach in a matter of days (2-5 if healthy).

Do photograph and share your experiences please :)

Anthony

I will definately take some pics. Thanks for you help! I heard you are going to be at Aquatic Gallery in Milpitas for a book signing coming up... Cant wait...

Ahhh, yes... the SF Bay Area. Che bella!

Bob will be there soon (Nov) and I will be there January (18th?) for the SeaBay club presentations.

I heard it is an excellent store. I'm also looking forward to visiting Tropical Paradise again (San Leandro).

be seeing you soon :)

Back