RC MODERATOR please read.

CuzzA

I posted a thread here listing some coral frags from my 90 gallon tank and a used 30 gallon tank. It has since been removed. Someone on both the TBRC facebook page and now on here is lying to the moderators to try and have me banned from selling corals. They are claiming I own a local fish store. This is 100% FALSE!!!

I have developed and prototyped two dry products and in an effort to move forward to have these products manufactured and then sold to "DISTRIBUTORS" I established a corporation. This is pretty typical if you know anything about business. I do not have any desire to purchase wholesale fish and corals to resale to the public. I do not own a Aquaculture license or a Saltwater Products license. I'm an average hobbyist who owns a 90 gallon tank in his living room who also came up with a couple ideas to improve reefing. I should also point out I value my membership here on RC and I believe my daily contributions to help others is pretty clear. I do not use Reef Central to seek personal financial gain like some others who only post when they have something to sell.

For the record, I had a conversation with TBRC facebook and have since been cleared to continue posting on the facebook page as a typical hobbyist who sells their overgrown corals or even breaks down their tank.

I ask that a moderator private message me as soon as possible so I can give you the complete story of what's going on as I know who is behind this.

I hate to put my personal business out here but my thread was removed without a message from a mod so I don't know who did this. Feel free to delete this thread once you have contacted me.

EDIT: For the record my local fish stores are Marine Warehouse and Creative Aquariums. I just bought fish food and salt mix from Marine Warehouse the other day. Would someone who owns a local fish store go to a local fish store to buy fish food and salt mix? I don't think so.

Welcome to RC's UA. I have a permanent infraction for linking an ID photo from my website 5 years ago - at someone else's request. At the time, I was purely a service company - no retail sales - 95% of my clients haven't even heard of RC... To my understanding, if you are in any way, shape or form in the aquarium biz, you don't get to sell or discuss your business in any manner that could be construed as promotion.

I understand the reason why RC has its policies and I don't disagree with them. I like that it's information based and not a swap meet. I'm not a retailer or a service company. It's the equivalent of being a stockholder of a company I've never once mentioned or promoted on here and never intend on doing.

Anyway it appears my thread is back up and I would prefer if this thread were deleted because I do not want to have a conversation about RC's policies which I support and, IMO, I don't come close to falling under. I rarely post for sale threads, but my corals are killing each other, I need to make room and ultimately sell my 90 for my upgrade. Which BTW is going to be a killer detailed build thread with a ton of info which will include a lot of fun content like videos scuba diving for my rock on Tampa Bay Saltwaters lease. Lots of awesome stuff in the works with this build. :)

Like I said, I support RC and value my membership and genuinely enjoy contributing to the community and the people who participate.

I ask that this conversation stops with this post and mods please delete.

Happy Reefing!

Back