ready

phrenic

I'm getting ready to follow your design. How many 2 liters do you think I should need? 4? After setting up my station what should I do next and do I place the whole sample of plankton in the first 2 liter? Does it matter if I do this setup where the temp will change. Right now in Alabama it is 95 and will get a little colder in the winter. I appreciate you walking me through it dude. Thanks

Re: ready

Well...

I'm getting ready to follow your design. How many 2 liters do you think I should need? 4?

Depends on the purpose of the culture. For everyday regular use, 4 might do ya.

After setting up my station what should I do next and do I place the whole sample of plankton in the first 2 liter?

Assuming you use an alga disk, follow directions on the disk. If you get some phyto from a fellow reefer - fill 1/4 with full phyto and the rest with water and fertilizer.

Does it matter if I do this setup where the temp will change. Right now in Alabama it is 95 and will get a little colder in the winter.

You should avoid drastic sudden temp changes, but I think seasonal is ok. I really dont have much experience with temp swings because my phyto is in the basement where it maintains a rather equal temp year round.

I appreciate you walking me through it dude. Thanks

No problem anytime

Dwayne

Back