Really Ugly Acros

Actually, it turns out pipefish and seahorses do enjoy flow. They just don't like it when it's all blasting out of a single powerhead. When the flow is created by a number of powerheads, wavemakers"”whatever"”they enjoy it. It's just that it can't all be coming from one or two sources. Extremely strong and powerful currents aren't something that any critter would like. You're trying to create wave action, not hurricane-like conditions.

Right, so I found this great article on coral bleaching, and it told me to add nitrogen to the water, so I added half the recommended dose on the bottle. Hopefully the corals start perking up.

Most SPS corals enjoy flow strong enough to blow sand around. That why most high end SPS tank are bare bottom. Nobody in this hobby that keeps SPS corals have a single flow source. When someone says high flow for SPS, they are more likely to mean "Extremely strong and powerful" than what you describe. We talk about 75-100X turnover rate for high end SPS coral tank. You can only keep string swimmers in such a tank, that much of flow will blow around pipefish and seahorses.

You kinda sound like a person who would do whatever s/he want no matter the advise, so it is up to you. Just keep this in mind.

What was your N and P levels before dosing? N&P deficiency caused bleaching requires undetectable levels of N and P for a pronged time.

There is plenty of great advice given in this thread and you just seem to ignore it and have your mind made up already. For one sps do not NEED to be fed. They can survive off the light and nutrients in the tank. Also any seahorse or pipefish is not meant to be in a sps reef tank. Way to high of flow and way to many stinging corals.

Like I said though you don't seem to acknowledge other people's recommendations so good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm actually planning on selling off most of my SPS corals. I just want to get them healthy again before selling them. Although I think I will be keeping the birdsnest and montipora. And the pocillipora.

I'm actually planning on selling off most of my SPS corals. I just want to get them healthy again before selling them. Although I think I will be keeping the birdsnest and montipora. And the pocillipora.

Be careful about pocillipora, it can take over a tank.

Back