Recirculating HOB Nano Skimmer

Inflames

After going over some designs i already had in my head i set out to build one. So far its around 90% complete the only thing left to do is decide on the best collection cup design and build it. The only tank intrusion is a maxijet microjet 400.

Unfortunately i couldnt find a small enough pump that had the plumbing i needed that would keep it out of the main tank. When i do find one though, the design will change and there will be hardly any real estate taken up in the tank. Only the filter/surface skimmer and return pipe.

Dimensions so far are 16"Hx6"Lx2.50"W but this will be modified to 3"W to accomodate uniseals.

42708recircskimmer1.jpg

42708recircskimmer2.jpg

They're actually in the electrical conduits section in most hardware stores. Come with thier own O-Ring too.

Ill be testing it tonight. Was waiting for my enakamat i bought so i can mesh mod the impeller.

Yes i did get my enkamat but ive been moving into a new house and havent had time to mesh mod the maxijet. I will be doing that soon though so stay tuned :)

Oh and i got the enkamat off ebay for 6.50 a 6x8" piece. Enough for probably 15-20 maxijets.

Last edited:
i have pics of this in action on nano-reef.com. look up the thread guaging interest in hob recirculating skimmer.

Yep. But that was a scrap sheet of acrylic i had laying around. I would ordinarily using something thinner like 3/16".

Back