Recommend a RO system (please read)

plancton

Hello, please recommend a good RO system. Actually, it's for a planted tank, not for reef, so I'm not super picky about the best. What I'm looking for is good water output, low price, and easy to find, affordable cartridges that I can buy on AMAZON. Why on Amazon? Because I live in Mexico and Amazon easily ships to Mexico. In other words, I'm looking for budget, but, easy to change is a plus, because I remember classic RO units are a PITA when changing the cartdriges with the special wrench and stuff and they leak.

Search Huining Reverse Osmosis on Amazon. Dirt cheap and work well (I've had two in series for 2 years now). Note they do not provide a flow restrictor so you will have to get one. You can get an addon canister to use for a prefilter on Amazon for cheap too.

huining.png

Thanks, but I want something more complete. I mean, I just dont want top of the line expensive, and like I said, getting cheap cartdriges on amazon is a must, but also easy to change, you know, I hate when it's freaking hard to open or secure the cartridges to replace them.

Exactly! That's what I meant: a twist system. So, I need a twist system with cartdriges that are not expensive, and available on amazon.
Those are the only ones I've found on Amazon and, honestly, the cartridges are pretty expensive IMO.

I played around with discount and off brand and “just as good” RO systems for about 20 years. Then about 4 or 5 years ago I put a spectrapure in the garage for the tank. I’m never buying anything else again. Within a month or so I replaced the RO system in the kitchen with spectrapure. Their capillary system is a little more work to setup than a restricter but like everything else spectrapure, it just works better. A lot better.

Thanks for information. I purchased a Platinum Line Plus from Aqua Medic and its complete setup.
Aqua Medic Osmosis System Platinum Line Plus 24V

OT
You mention "kitchen" I dont suggest to drink RO water at all. According to the World Health Organization, low mineral (TDS) drinking water produced by reverse osmosis or distillation is not suitable for long term human consumption and in fact, can create negative health effects to those consuming it. This lack of minerals may also impact the taste negatively for many people.
Without proper additional cartridges to add minerals its very dangerous for body. Many people made this mistake. Sorry if is OT.

Here is a standard RODI system on Amazon

AQUATICLIFE 4-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Deionization System, RO/DI Filter Unit 100 GPD​

81K4eKddLaL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Everything you need for it is on there as well.
Long term this will be more universal and cheaper I think
Cartridges and resin to recharge it are all on there. These are standard things so any you find anywhere else will work.

Back