Recommendations on reef-ready tanks and getting started again (after 20 yrs)

wunderlong88

What are your recommendations for around 125-150 gallon reef ready tanks? What is a good budget but quality brand/company? If they come with protein skimmer or return pump how do I know if they are good ones? (Found this on Amazon and wondered about its quality - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SN39QS...colid=BJHO5CMDMU8B&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it)

Is it cheaper to buy the pieces individually? I've been out of the hobby for 20 years and not familiar with equipment at all. I don't have time to research every piece of equipment and would like to make this part as simple as possible.

I'm not really interested in trying to figure out how to buy used. I've looked some and I am 2+hours from any where that there would be much sold used. By the time I spend the day driving, eating out and gas plus working on cleaning up and fixing used equipment it just isn't probably worth it for me. Also, I'm too inexperienced and unfamiliar to know if what I'm getting used is ok.

I plan on keeping a community tank with soft corals and maybe some easy LPS corals or any kind of beginner/easy coral. (I had a 140 gal with soft corals and various fish and inverts previously)

Thank you so much for your time and help,

Linda

Back