Red Sea Nano Peninsula or Fiji Cube 32

austin93

Don't Panic!
Getting back in the hobby after a long break. Looking at a small tank. Either a 32 Fiji cube which is 24” front a 16 tall or a Red Sea peninsula. Anyone have a 18” tank and wish it was 6” bigger??

I’ve had 20” tanks in the past and wished they were 24” because that’s a more standard size for lighting

For example

A 24” t5 fixture looks much better above a 24” aquarium then it would look over an 18” aquarium

I agree with that logic. I like the completeness of the Red Sea but I’m afraid it will seem really small. The Fiji cube wouldn’t be a bad option but the equipment hanging out of the back would remind me of an old hang on filter. The Red Sea has a screen for that.

I agree with that logic. I like the completeness of the Red Sea but I’m afraid it will seem really small. The Fiji cube wouldn’t be a bad option but the equipment hanging out of the back would remind me of an old hang on filter. The Red Sea has a screen for that.
The Red Sea systems are hard to beat

Getting back in the hobby after a long break. Looking at a small tank. Either a 32 Fiji cube which is 24” front a 16 tall or a Red Sea peninsula. Anyone have a 18” tank and wish it was 6” bigger??
I have the Redsea nano cube 18” with sump. Started in November…. Already looking at bigger if that helps. These new aquariums with all in one sumps are worthwhile.

Oh shoot! So what made you make that decision? It may sound dumb but it seems like the fish wouldn’t really swim anywhere. Just dart and wiggle.

Oh shoot! So what made you make that decision? It may sound dumb but it seems like the fish wouldn’t really swim anywhere. Just dart and wiggle.
Depends on the fish. Plan is for only two perculas and a wrasse/goby. Anything more and I’ll battle water quality issues.

Really for this aquarium my goal was to get the kids and wife interested and down the road convince them a larger aquarium was necessary.

Welcome back Austin. I recently got back into the hobby. I went with the Innovative Marine 20 AIO. Link to my build thread in my signature.

Back