Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL Valve Replacement Tutorial

ERIC85854

For those of you who hate the standard valve that comes with your reefer, I found a good way to replace it with a spears gate valve. Basically all you need to do is cut the old valve off at the spot in the image and sand the remaining ring with 60 grit sandpaper until it fits in a 1" slip union. This way you can still use the pipe clamp attached to your stand. Just don't push the pipe in the union much further than the sanded ring when you cement it.

Attachments

• A9A5C554-BCE7-4E9C-A95D-E053557F7222.jpg
    A9A5C554-BCE7-4E9C-A95D-E053557F7222.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Did this help to keep the flow stable. I have a constant problem with the standard valve Anyone know why the red sea valve has such a strange design?

Did this help to keep the flow stable. I have a constant problem with the standard valve Anyone know why the red sea valve has such a strange design?

IMHO it's a matter of $$ propriety plumbing pieces means if you need a replacement part, get ready to pay.
I fitted some PVC parts inside the overflow flange of a RSR170 few months back; haven't got to the part of building the stand and cut the rest of the plumbing pieces. I used 1" slip to thread couplers and manually sanded them down so they could fit nicely in the ABS flange of the RSR.

Back