Redoing tank lighting.

Looks like a good deal to me, I don't use HQI metal Halides, but I do use the mogul socket MH 250 watt 20k Radiums, I think this fixture has it all, plenty of blue light and 15 K from the HQI's, I'd bet it does a great job growing & coloring corals....nice price for sure.

I'd certainly give it a go.

I see a CE certification (European standards) But not a UL listing. I may have missed it? Without a UL listing i would not have it in my house personally.

Any familiarity with Aquamaxx Prizm which is an LED piece at 96w or their Edge Reef?

Would a T5 4x54 do the trick?

Redoing tank lighting.

Any familiarity with Aquamaxx Prizm which is an LED piece at 96w or their Edge Reef?

Would a T5 4x54 do the trick?

I've not use Aquamaxx for lighting but I like my Awuamaxx skimmer. How wide is your tank?

If you don't mind changing bulbs and possible heat issues, you can find some great deals on MHs. I have two 250w fixtures I bought dirt cheap that I just keep around for backups if something happened to my Radion and I needed a new light. I've been using LED lights since the gen 1 aqua illumination lights came out and I've considered switching to MH. LEDs can be tricky to get dialed in and you almost need to have or borrow a PAR meter. I feel like a lot of that is negated with good ole fashioned MHs.

Last edited:
I see a CE certification (European standards) But not a UL listing. I may have missed it? Without a UL listing i would not have it in my house personally.

Do people in Europe have an issue with electrical fires? This is not a sarcastic, rhetorical question. Serious talk.

Back