Reducing Microbubbles

ErosJN

Hey guys,
I have a 75 gallon chamberless sump and added a protein skimmer last month. Because its chamberless I'm now having all the microbubbles that the skimmer is releasing getting sucked into the return pump and into the display. Any suggestions on reducing/eliminating the microbubbles from entering the display tank?

Thanks,
Eros

No idea what skimmer, configuration you have but my skimmer dumps back into the bag. The bubble cant get out of there. I used to run a secondary bag just on the skimmer outlet to knock out the bubbles. You could try that maybe?

Good luck

no idea what skimmer, configuration you have but my skimmer dumps back into the bag. The bubble cant get out of there. I used to run a secondary bag just on the skimmer outlet to knock out the bubbles. You could try that maybe?

Good luck

+1

no idea what skimmer, configuration you have but my skimmer dumps back into the bag. The bubble cant get out of there. I used to run a secondary bag just on the skimmer outlet to knock out the bubbles. You could try that maybe?

Good luck

+2

I'm not sure what you mean by a skimmer bag... Do you have pics or a link that I might be able to see? I believe its a non name brand skimmer. I picked it up at an aquarium warehouse for 20 bucks and it resembles the ASM protein skimmer. Works great too! I'll take some photos of the skimmer today and maybe someone here could ID it.

I'm not sure what you mean by a skimmer bag... Do you have pics or a link that I might be able to see? I believe its a non name brand skimmer. I picked it up at an aquarium warehouse for 20 bucks and it resembles the ASM protein skimmer. Works great too! I'll take some photos of the skimmer today and maybe someone here could ID it.

Put the output of your skimmer in one of these. (Aquarium Sock)

Back