Reef Keeping Calculators

reefing102

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
Premium Member
This thread is an area for calculators we use for our reef keeping hobby.

Water Volume Calculator
“This calculator can be used to estimate how much water a rectangle shaped aquarium can hold. Just enter the length, width & height in inches. This is a general guideline.”​
Live/Dry Rock Quantity Calculator
“This calculator can be used to estimate how much rock you should buy to setup your aquarium. The amount can vary (and varying amounts are given) a little based on the rock density and your aquascape. This is a general guideline.”​

Water Change Calculator - By BeanAnimal
“Use this aquarium water change calculator to chart how a given water parameter will rise or fall over the course of multiple water changes. The calculator can account for the daily rise or fall of a given parameter as well as its presence in the change water itself.”​

Alkalinity Dosing Calculator
“This calculator can be used to estimate the amount of additive for both liquid and powdered forms needed to reach the desired level of alkalinity in the water.”​
Calcium Dosing Calculator
“This calculator can be used to estimate the amount of liquid additive needed to reach the desired level of calcium in the water.”​
Magnesium Dosing Calculator
“This calculator can be used to estimate the amount of liquid additive needed to reach the desired level of magnesium in the water.”​
More will be added as we come across them. Feel free to post your own as well

So I’ve totally been slacking on this thread but found this calculator useful today to see what kind of salinity my tank would drop to if my ATO malfunctioned. At max not a huge issue for me, but still a very useful tool for those who have large ATOs and smaller tanks

So I’ve totally been slacking on this thread but found this calculator useful today to see what kind of salinity my tank would drop to if my ATO malfunctioned. At max not a huge issue for me, but still a very useful tool for those who have large ATOs and smaller tanks

Nice Shane. Great contribution.

Back