Reef Octopus Skimmer Died

ucdcrew

I bought a reef octopus Classic 150INT - 6" skimmer in 2014 (a guess). Its been making a bunch of noise recently, the pump just stopped. Right now, its in a sump on a 65g tank - but it doesn't really fit all that well in the sump with its 12" footprint. It was also super loud, and I can't remember if it has always been that way.

Does anyone else have a RO skimmer that is quiet? I could hear this one from the second story in my house. I'm thinking of getting a skimmer that fits a bit better in that sump anyhow - and then possibly replacing the pump on the RO if its worth it. Has anyone tried the skimz dc skimmers, or any eshopps fans? The bioload on my 65 is super light if that makes a difference.

I have a RO skimmer that is about 8 years old. I've never really noticed noise coming from of it... at least what I would think was excessive noise. I generally pull the skimmer once a year and give it a good cleaning. Have you tried taking the pump apart and cleaning it? The wheel on the skimmer can get clogged up with all sorts of stuff. Just a thought.

Jim

Do you want to sale your broken skimmer?

I bought a reef octopus Classic 150INT - 6" skimmer in 2014 (a guess). Its been making a bunch of noise recently, the pump just stopped. Right now, its in a sump on a 65g tank - but it doesn't really fit all that well in the sump with its 12" footprint. It was also super loud, and I can't remember if it has always been that way.

Does anyone else have a RO skimmer that is quiet? I could hear this one from the second story in my house. I'm thinking of getting a skimmer that fits a bit better in that sump anyhow - and then possibly replacing the pump on the RO if its worth it. Has anyone tried the skimz dc skimmers, or any eshopps fans? The bioload on my 65 is super light if that makes a difference.

Back