Reef safe triggers? little help please

btb72

I think i know most of them,
1. Crosshatch
2. Bluejaw
3. Pink Tail
4. Sargasum* spelling

Also is it just the crabs and snails they eat? or do they eat bristle stars. Just trying to understand these better thanks for your help.

I bought a Hawaiian Black Durgeon off of someone who had it in a reef with snails. I don't think there were any crabs in the tank.

He pretty much minds his own business in my FOWLR.

I have a indian ocean black trigger and it does not like my one snail. It doesn't touch the big teddy bear crab, or CBS or camel shrimp.

Also, I don't have corals, but my clown, titan, blue lines don't harm my turbo snail or cleaner shrimp or anemone.

Odonus niger can be sometimes too.

danorth- mind posting some pics of your titan? I couldn't find any and just was wondering after seeing the trigger Diver's Den posted the other night if it really is a titan.

Sure, here it is:

titan2.jpg

titan1.jpg

Yup that's a titan. I wasn't sure if it could have been a Pseudobalistes flavimarginatus, but that big black mark by the dorsal and the white by the tail, tell its a titan.

The juvi's look a little similar.

Awesome fish!

I just settled on a Niger Trigger. Tiny littke 1.5" juvi in QT atm.

i was gonna say nigers are pretty RS imo.....although mine has eaten my sandsifting starfish.....just heads up

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14831720#post14831720 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jubjubrsx
i was gonna say nigers are pretty RS imo.....although mine has eaten my sandsifting starfish.....just heads up

They're very hit and miss.

Back