ReefBot Lab

Having several issues. I posted (kindly) on their facebook forum (maybe 6 posts) over a few hours with questions and issues.

The admins limited me to one post per day. They told me that they got numerous user complaints about my posts.... some people were in bed? Ehh it is an international forum... there is somebody in bed every hours, just as there is a happy hour somewhere every hour.

So either people are really that fragile (they are) or the admins don't like to see dirty laundry aired, or a bit of both. I get it, but should have known better to even bother posting there and just stuck with the support ticket system.

I can't get a feel for how many people are having problems but several FB group users DMd me saying they are extremely frustrated and have run out of options and their posts are being removed and/or limited to 1 post per day. The admins assure me that they don't delete posts. So who knows...

I am (honestly) trying to give this a fair shake - but the FB thing kind sent up a red flag.

All of that said they are working with me privately to try to get the system to provide consistent results. To be fair, I will purchase new reagents tomorrow or Friday to eliminate that as a variable.

I also plan to reach to Sanjay to get his candid impressions, though I assume he may not want them shared one way or the other.
He told me it was alright, but it developed a leak after a bit and never bothered fixing it.

Not much to report - API Alk reagent appears to work in it, but ehh 1 dkh resolution... meh and to that end that is the test I don't care about, because I have the GHL KH Director.

I HATE testing -that is why I purchased a robot

Ohh The Irony
I spent a fortune on test kits today. One of each salifert, RedSea Pro, some regular RedSea, Some API and a few (I am not a fan) new Hanna checkers.

Working through 2 manual sample of each test for each brand. Recording results. Placing compatible ones in the robot, recording results and sending an ICP test off with the same water.

Wow do I hate water testing and this robot has created a situation where I have to for my own sanity but that very task may test my sanity.

To add to the frustration, I just opened my triton ICP-EOS kit and there are no bar codes for the samples... and I wanted to send that off along with all of the testing... good grief.

You clearly don't know me that well yet :ROFLMAO:
Context - remember, you are talking to a guy who did no water changes, skimming or scrubbing (or feeding or dosing) for well over 5 years...

To be sure - I won't put animals in peril, but can easily get frustrated enough to move on to something else and toss the mess in the drawer, donate it to the club or just let it sit.

As much as I want this robot to work, I don't want to be a lab rat or tinkerer, as that defeats the purpose. I have to be careful, as I have already redesigned this thing in my mind and need remind myself not to go down that rabbit hole (of unfinished, never ending scope projects)
either.

Back