Reefbrite Supra Retrofit T5 kit review anyone ?

abhishek@1985

Hi,

Currently running 2 geisemann crystal 250 watt halides and wanted to move to a MH-T5 combo.
Plan to use a single 400 watt radium with 2 - 2x retrofit kits of T5 from reefbrite supra .
I know these are not ATI fixtures and hence doesn't have the active cooling to lengthen the life of the bulbs.
But since ballast is included, wanna know how good is the light output with the included ballast .

If anyone has experience with the reefbrite supra please chime in. Even better if you PAR numbers.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/supra-slim-line-dual-t5-retrofit-fixture-reef-brite.html

Regards,
Abhishek

I was actually curious about these fixtures too and submitted a question to BRS asking what type of ballasts are used. Unfortunately, they didn’t know and couldn’t answer if these fixtures use rapid start or programmed ballasts. :(

You can look at ReefBrites web sight
Also Tullio and Joy can answer any of your question about the products they sell
Hope this helps

Yeah, I should contact them directly. BRS just echoed what the ReefBrite website said... that it was an “electronic” ballast.

Back