Reefbrite xho vs Hydra 32hd vs XR15

Suji

Hi my tank is 48x11x8 inches.
8 inch height shallow tank and only 11inches front to back.

I went to lfs to buy Hydra 32 or XR15 but he told me i will have light spill everywhere which I did when I tried my hydra 52 before i sold it. Xr15 spread is 20x30 so this would spill i assume?

He then showed me REEFBRITE XHO Actinic blue on his tank and said for my tank it would be the only light and it will grow anything aince my tank is shallow and i will have good par everywhere?

Mostly LPS and few SPS

Please advise

Attachments

• 20210207_200338.jpg
    20210207_200338.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1
Okay I am seriously confused now....

If your tank is only 10 inches from front to back and a Reefbrite XHO Actinic is only 48 x 1.8 x 1.1 inches...why would this not be a option especially if used with the 5 position 18 US dollar dimmer switch? On a tank 10 inches from front to back should leave you with 8.2 inches of extra space after the light strip has been installed.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/blue-xho-led-strip-light-reef-brite.html

Because it will be too much par using multiple like on brs and raising it would causs light bleed. Will just 1 grow lps??

Cool! Good luck to you. Please do stop by and give us an update later on after you have had a chance to use it over a period of time and let us know how you like it.

Cool! Good luck to you. Please do stop by and give us an update later on after you have had a chance to use it over a period of time and let us know how you like it.

What sold me is the spread i can have it at 8" vs hydras at 14" and have the same spread. Plus can easily sell it in the future holds its value vs cheap lights

Back