Reefing software

Modemagic

Premium Member
Does anyone use any sort of software to keep track of their aquariums? Informs them of water changes, paramaters, etc.? What software do you use? Not looking for software to control heaters or anything that spectacular, just something to track tank data is all.

Thanks!

I know they have software like that. People come into the store I work at with printouts of all there water parameters broken down weekly or daily. I dont know the names of the programs though. Marineland sells a product that you can put in the info you want and an alarm goes off when you need to do a specific task, I found it rather annoying.

When I first started this I thoughtI needed to track everything on my computer as well. It got to be rather annoying as well. I decided that the ony thing I really needed to know was what my tank was doing right then. I also have that Marineland thing in a drawer around here someplace.....had to take the batteries out of it to shut it up!

I grabbed the Reefcon software. I like it, although it seems that the ability to go out to the internet to grab updates and information for the current fish/invert database sucks. I have yet to get any of it to work. Also the expense field could be super dangerous... if the wife ever tallied it up..... OUCH! lol

Aquarix site is back up...you can download a demo....good database of organisms but many,many missing...wonder if this is because it is the demo version.

I use aquariaqest. Its for fresh, but you can setup the additional fields you need for your reef. It has tasks, reminders, calendars, keeps track of everything

www.aquariogest.net

I agree that keeping it on a computer is a pain. What i have is clipboard by each tank I write milestones and tests on then once a month i sit down for an hour and type it in. It helps if anything goes wrong, and to trend how things are going to go due to weather and water conditions.

Back