Refugium?

drillsar

Ok I just added chaeto and some rock rubble to my fuge, I dont have sand in it.

Now heres my Question and I hope its not stupid but Will Pods come? ALso what about Mysis/Gammarus? Or do I have to add sand to get these?

Also How to get Pods, etc to the main tank from sump?

Sand is not required. If there's pods anywhere in your system, they will find their way to the refugium. As far as them getting back to the main tank, they will take a ride through the return pump. Basically, any creatures that came on your lr and rubble that can find their way to it will start growing in your refugium. If you never had any live mysis or gammarus, they would need to be added. I added live mysis shrimp to our system, and I can see the ones that weren't eaten multiplying.

OK I can add the Mysis/Gammarus to my fuge? I dont want to add it to tank because they will be eaten faster then multiplying.

You can add them to the refugium, but with something larger (not that mysis / gammarus are all that large) like that you might be better off manually moving portions up to the main tank as needed (scooping up some, siphoning some out, etc.). That way, you'll know that some are making it up to there for sure. Depending on how your refugium and sump are plumbed, it might be the only way mysis or gammarus make it up to your main tank, since mysis at least are strong enough to avoid getting sucked through a drain and can move against mild current.

Back