regional Frag Fare?

Out of curiosity what is the insurance part of things for? I mean I know to protect your butt incase someone slips and falls or something, but can't you get away like those yellow floor signs that say "Slippery When Wet" that fast food places seem to get away with as far as proper warning.

I know for a large event you'd want insurance without a doubt, but I'm just curious about if someone were to set up a "garage sale" type of thing in their garage or something (for the case of having a smaller type event). I mean even look at the MARS frag swap at Pam's place in Dixon, I don't think she has insurance for that event beyond that of whatever homeowners insurance she has.

But keep up the good ideas, sounds like a fun event in the works. I just ask because I've always thought that having a garage sale type one in my garage/basement always seemed like a fun idea since I have lots of space (it needs to be cleaned though).

well if its large then yes insurance is needed, and space and parking costs, within a flea market you get the area of 10X15 space for 20.00 for 200.00 we can have an area of 100X30=3000sf this is quite large, in this area, we can have tables set up for vendors, and frag swap, No admittance to the general public, but for equipment and sales of corals, it can be open to the general public. since only people pay for the needed space... a table it would be like 5.00-10.00 including the rented tables, we dont need a organizing team to get the area, it can be reserved. and its no hassle, if we need more space we just ask for it. there is already parking, and food. vendors would love it becuse it would get them in front of more people, and its easy to acclomplish.

Since BAR has just concluded a successful swap and MARS will not be having one this Spring due to the WMC, we should start thinking about whether or not we'd like to do the Regional Frag Faire.

Best of luck,

Roy

Did anyone attend the SW Corals Farmers Market? If so, how was it? Would it be something we should try to duplicate here?

This thread has lots of comments and pictures. Overall, the comments seem positive.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=779524&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

One thing I noticed is that Atlantis says we are going to have a similar one in Northern California in the Summer.

"I'm sure I'll see you in the summer for the NorCal farmer's market."

Other than what we have been thinking/talking about doing, is something already being planned for this Summer?

Best of luck,

Roy

Roy,

If I heard correctly - they are going to have one in Northern California (somewhere in the Bay Area?). You might want to check with Pam (Budgetyourself).

Minh

Wow. Thanks for the link.

It's nice to see that we have something to look forward to June.

I'd still like to see a swap component as well. Perhaps we could arrange/organize a swap around the same time.

Thanks again,

Roy

Back