return pump

For an internal pump, ocean runners are very nice. Low watts and very quiet. I use an OR 2500 as the return pump on my 90 gallon. Eheims are also nice. The OR 2500 flow is comparable to the Eheim 1260 and is about half the price. The eheim is quiet and is a workhorse, though.

I just bought a Gen-X Mak 4. I am happy with the power (25 gal sump, dual overflows) but the fan is a little loud. Price was good too (FinsDepot).

i have a 20 gallon and am looking for a pump for my 20 gallon sump, i am planning to drill the return lines and i want to get a fair amount of flow but not oo much, any links to where you guys bought these pumps? thanks alot

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9293748#post9293748 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bufu11
i have a 20 gallon and am looking for a pump for my 20 gallon sump, i am planning to drill the return lines and i want to get a fair amount of flow but not oo much, any links to where you guys bought these pumps? thanks alot

I'd use an eheim 1250 for that setup. Really quiet, low watts, super dependable, right amount of flow.

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_pumps_eheim_universal_hobby_powerheads.asp

Go with Eheim, forget about the Mags!! I just replaced my Mag18 with an Eheim 1262; I get less power consumption, more flow, less noise, and less heat transfer. I will never get a Mag again!!

thanks i am going to order that 1, last question lol if i drill a 1.5 inch drain hole what size should the return hole be? thanks

The return hole doesn't matter that much for a tank that size. I'd drill it for a 3/4" bulkhead. Not sure what size that means the hole should be. The output coming off of the eheim 1250 is a 1/2" barb if I recall correctly.

Back