Returning to the hobby, 4ft 130gal/495litre

Cool tangs

Hi to those interrested,

I am a returning reefer, I sadly sold my old tank back around 2015 due to circumstances. This year I found stability and decided to pull the trigger on finally getting another tank!

Partial restore of some odd dimensions although exactly the size i wanted. The dimensions are as follows 4ft x 2.5ft x 1.8ft. This is perfect as it allows me to create a scape off the wall. The tank is roughly 495litres or 130gal for the US.

The sump is a brand new 200litre about 53gal US. tank converted into a sump with the added baffles. Roughly about 140litre give or take roughly 38gal US. About 30% volume of display.

I decided on the triton method once cycling is complete and corals can be added, ive build the tank around this. I found tanks on triton looked awesome and its a simple method backed with some science and readable data.

Ive gone with viparspectra reef lights, ive seen good reviews on these and some great looking tanks from the spectrum. I just cant justify spending over 1k for fluff that i dont honestly care about.

I did go with the maxspect gyre though, as i love the flow it creates.

Sicce return pumps as had them before and they just last forever, so kept it simple.

UV steriliser to help clarify water.

Inkbird wifi heater controller and 2x el cheapo heaters with the goal in mind to replace heaters yearly. Controller for some safety, since heaters seem to have the highest crashing statistics.

Bubble magus curve 5 skimmer and a fuge light.

Alot of the tank has been DIY and still waiting on some equipment. will post progress pics below...

Snapchat-1352593259.jpg
Snapchat-225437519.jpg

Most images are too large, so progress pics will come later.

Hope you enjoy, regards.

So just some examples here of the DIY, personally pretty happy fpr my holiday project, considering cant go anywhere with covid anyway:facepalm:

Hoping for the rest of the equipment to come next week. Hopefully then i can post another update! Be awesome to see the cycling process and most of off all, partial dream stocking list and coral. But rome wasnt build in a day and as most in the hobby know, its a very patiant hobby that cant be rushed and requires careful planning.

Snapchat-278379856.jpg
Snapchat-96408625.jpg

More pics to come, regards Cool or jimmy

I must say R2C is very outdated! Needs improvement. Anyway enjoy! Its aus day in aus, fridge says it all. Hope all the peeps watching are enjenjoying! Cheers
Snapchat-329940073.jpg

Back