Rimless starfire 50g. bonsai cube for sale - plug and play (92557).

jcolletteiii

This was my dream system. Smallish, easy to take care of, entirely self contained, quiet, and very energy efficient. BUT... I'm finishing up my PhD, and a few months ago, I was the successful candidate for a paleo and sedimentologist professorship in North Dakota, so I will be moving and the reef will not be moving with me (and I did the cross country with a reef thing once before and not willing to do it again). This is a high end system with all energy efficient, high end parts. The major equipment alone was over $3k new.

The rockwork is all one piece, is fully mature, has no unwanted pests/critters and was built into a bonsai-type structure that I think is very aesthetically pleasing. The tank has a couple of very small scratches on the inside (I've been very careful with the starfire glass to not scracth it up). The stand was built with the mid century modern ethic in mind, and it goes great with the modern look. The front panel is held in place with high power magnets and is veneered with fumed eucalyptus veneer. The cabinet is white appliance epoxy enamel to make it easy to clean and clean-looking. The light tree is a one-off that I custom designed and built using off the shelf aluminum extrusions. It is plenty strong even though it is one-sided. The T5 bulbs are coming up on 6 months, so they are good for another 6 months easily (and I only run 4 of the 6, so the other 2 bulbs are brand new). The Vortech is the wireless version, purrs like a kitten and has never given me any trouble. I have the original boxes for all of the equipment. Everything has been meticulously maintained, and is all in perfect working condition. Here's what's included (and price retail for each):

• Rimless 50 gallon CAD starfire glass cube 24 x 24 x 20" (I paid $300 for tank and sump alone)
• Custom-made, very solid plywood and lumber stand enameled white (estimated my COST, build - $200)
• Custom-made, one of a kind, aluminum 40-20 extrusion light hanger (a tad over $100)
• ATI Sunpower 6 bulb x 24" T5 HO light fixture ($409)
• Ecotech Vortech MP-10Wes propeller pump ($285)
• Neptune Apex controller (with pH unit, probe, energy bar 8, main control unit, display unit, and wireless game modem for connecting to internet) ($524)
• Rimless CAD sump - 20 x 15 x 10" ($0 came with tank)
• SWC 120 skimmer with pump ($224)
• EBO Jager 150w heater ($30)
• Tunze Silence 1073.02 return pump (634 GPH) - dead quiet ($90)
• Bubble Magus BM-T01 dosing pump with the tray mounting system ($299)
• 3 clear BRS one gallon dosing jugs ($10)
• 2 x BRS deluxe reactors and maxijet pump (2 x $59)
• nice black clip-on cooling fan with four individual fans (does a pretty good job bringing the temp down on warm days - I've never needed to think about a chiller) ($25)

TESTING
• BRS refractometer with calibration fluid ($40)
• Hanna Checker phosphate colorimeter with plenty of reactants ($50)
• Hanna Checker Calcium colorimeter with plenty of reactants ($50)
• Hanna Checker ALK colorimeter with plenty of reactants ($50)

MISC
• MIghty mite RODI with newer filters ($109)
• extra DI resin
• bags of BRS pre-measured chemical for ALK, CA and Mg
• LOTS AND LOTS of misc reef-related stuff
• food, frozen food
• water TDS meter

CORALS / FISH
• surf and turf Acro. Encrusted and spreading colony (S-L-O-W grower in my system)
• BIG colony of ORA Hawkins 'echinata' - easily 8" x 8"
• massive (several hundred polyps) of original Armor of Gods Palys
• 2 colonies of Acans - a green/purple and a red/rainbow
• other misc corals - candycane, plating/branching montis.
• 1 x orange firefish
• 3 x bluegreen chromis
• 1 x dwarf blue/yellow/red coral banded shrimp (very peaceful, small version of the more aggressive red/white species) This guy is colorful, peaceful, and awesome.

The cost of the equipment alone was $3000. I would prefer keeping the entire setup together, so you would get all of the above, plus an entire cabinet of reef-related goodies (extra BRS pre-measured solutions for the dosing pumps, the salt that I have, GFO, carbon, a brand new extra head for the dosing pump, supplements, and an entire 4-drawer bin full of plumbing and miscellaneous parts.

I would like to get $1500 for the entire system and everything listed above. I will not be taking offers for at least a week, so no breakdown at this point, although you are welcome to buy the whole thing and break it down/separate if you wish - you will easily make more than I am asking. This is going up here, as well as the other forums I'm a member of, and on CL as well. I have never seen another system that has the aesthetics of this one. I am sad to have to sell it, but moving it cross country would just plain suck. I am in Moreno Valley, and have no ability to help move the system.

There is only one thing I would consider in trade - a Mcintosh MC225, MC240 or a pair or MC30's or MC60's - with tubes, of course. No other trades considered.

Sorry there are no photos right now - it is currently set up near the door, and the sunlight would wash everything out. There are photographs of the entire setup, individual parts, and my though process in putting this system together in my build thread here -> http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2032581&highlight=hexahedron

I will get some photos up tonight of all of the equipment, sump, etc. In the mean time, all of the equip is shown in the build thread. If anyone has any questions, please PM.

Photos.

Photos.

The snails are out and the Acans are in - Just turned the lights on to take these.

DSC_0399.jpg

Front.

DSC_0413.jpg

Same.

DSC_0416.jpg

Sump.

DSC_0417.jpg

Dosing pump/shelf/controls.

Back