RO System - recommendations

shramj

I am looking at getting an aquarium and I actually think I want to get an RO system installed under my sink before I actually get a tank so I always have good water for my tank. I was wondering if anyone here has installed their own RO unit under their kitchen sink. For those that did, here are a couple of questions for you.

What make/model unit did you install?
Did you find the install easy?
How big of a tank did you use?
What was the cost?

I personally like the ones from AirWaterIce. Great Customer Service, and they will get you everything you need.. Really easy to install.

I have a SpectraPure MaxCap 90. It cost me about $300 bux, and I actually don't have it installed yet, but my 120 is also not running, so it's not a big deal. This unit will push 90GPD under the right conditions, and is consider by some to be the best RODI on the market. I am planning on installing it in the laundry room, where I have just put in cabinets, and a counter top. I am going to cut the counter top, and drop a sink in the the sink base cabinet, and then place the RODI on the wall above the counter top.
here's a pic to show the layout.

DSC02169.jpg

wow, that is a monster, I am just looking for a unit to mount under my sink in the kitchen. You should start selling RO water to other reefers after you get that installed.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9860983#post9860983 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sticky
I will second the filter guys. Excellent service and fast shipping.

Agreed. I could not be happier with the system I got from them.

Most of the RODI units thefilterguys sell are 75GPD. They are great units, and everbody raves about them. since I am setting up a 120, and I want to have about 40g on hand for top offs and water changes as well i went with the 90gpd unit. My container is a 55g Plastic barrel. it's only 24" in diameter, and 36" tall. Plus it was FREE.

I would stay away from AirWaterIce ordered a unit from them in Dec 06 still don't have it at first it was we shipped it don't know why you dont have it after about 30 days they just stopped responding at all, no refund nothing

Back