Rodi help

Rayzzfish

I have a question. I took my purely h20 rodi all apart. Now I forgot how it goes back together. I took it a part to replace with new parts. My rodi is like 8 years old. I bought another x2 75 GPd membranes to make it 150 gpd, and a new flow restrictor, hoses, TDs meter, and some other odds and ends. I could really use some help to put it back together if someone could share there time with me. It needs to be re run because I had a water taste and oder on it. Now I want to go with the 2 75 gpd membranes instead to make it a 150 gpd. I would like to make them go in series. I could really use your help.. thanks

Hopefully someone will intervene if I'm wrong here, but, first off what kind of rodi unit are we talking about? If your wanting to get to 150 GPD from your unit I don't think two 75 GPD membranes in series would give you what your looking for. Maybe in parallel, but when run in series your still limiting water production to 75 GPD. If I were you I would get the appropriate 150 GPD membrane and flow restrictor and call it a day. That's what I did. I've got the Typhoon lll Extreme.
I would also find out what kind yours is and get in touch with whoever sells them and ask them to send you a parts break down illustration.
Good Luck..

Hopefully someone will intervene if I'm wrong here, but, first off what kind of rodi unit are we talking about? If your wanting to get to 150 GPD from your unit I don't think two 75 GPD membranes in series would give you what your looking for. Maybe in parallel, but when run in series your still limiting water production to 75 GPD. If I were you I would get the appropriate 150 GPD membrane and flow restrictor and call it a day. That's what I did. I've got the Typhoon lll Extreme.
I would also find out what kind yours is and get in touch with whoever sells them and ask them to send you a parts break down illustration.
Good Luck..

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how you mean in series, but that would still get 150gals. The rejection from the 1st membrane is hooked up to the second membrane so they both will be producing 75gal of RO water, assuming you provide enough water pressure. Hopefully he figured out what to do. There are several videos/pdf's showing how to run this type of configuration.

Back