RODI is not 0

i would contact the manufacturer and let them know your test results. you may have a unit that got passed quality control.

I think the problem was due to the horizontal pos. when i put the DI on vertical for an hour, TDS reached 3 but had to put it back again to hor. Will think more about where to put it

Still waiting for some fitting to make it look better a bit
d4e707bfe54d6ac90659101de2d74c7d.jpg
3d1926dc068c6e0ebd171d009593a3d4.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Minimum pressure at least 65psi. If not you may need a booster pump.

Others here may recommend a higher absolute minimum?

You bought a dirt cheap potentially inferior water filter system.. so thats always a possibility of why its output sucks.. ;)
BUT
Have you let the system run for a while if you just hooked it up? They will produce non-zero TDS for a bit when new and just after being started up..

Are you sure you are measuring the TDS at the output of the DI stage and not just after the RO membrane?

And are you measuring it immediately after being produced in a clean glass/container?

Yes, but if you run tap water through a DI chamber, is should come out 0TDS, it will just deplete rather quickly.

My vote is for out of calibration meter.

Still waiting for some fitting to make it look better a bit
3d1926dc068c6e0ebd171d009593a3d4.jpg

Oh, wait, the way you have that sensor set up, no new water will flow by it,

Remove the first "œt"

Remove the plug from the 2nd "œt"

Plug the blue output line into the port in the 2nd "œt" where the plug was.

Oh, wait, the way you have that sensor set up, no new water will flow by it,

Remove the first "œt"

Remove the plug from the 2nd "œt"

Plug the blue output line into the port in the 2nd "œt" where the plug was.
Stupid me.
Well, I need two outputs, one goes for the daily use and one for the aquarium which is closed now. I'll move the tds meter fitting after the di directly

After changing the location of the tds meter, it is reading steady zero. The water in the t fitting of the tds meter was going no where as the other end was closed and to be be used to fill the aquarium later on.
However I will mount the di vertically and with the inlet on the down side so water will go up through the resin and to prevent channeling.

Many things learnt here and I really appreciate everyone's input.

On another topic, will it be helpful if I add another memberance to the system. Taking from the waste water of the first one and feed the 2nd one like BRS recommended to double the system capacity output?

No, you can use the waste water for watering plants or washing your dog or car, don't use It to make more RO.

If you want to add something, I’d add a sediment filterand carbon block to protect your RO system.

don't use It to make more RO.

Nothing wrong with that.

Anyone using 2 membranes is doing such. I am.

I would state however, its not for everyone. The persons incoming TDS dictates such and if too high, I would only use or recommend 1 membrane.

No, you can use the waste water for watering plants or washing your dog or car, don't use It to make more RO.

If you want to add something, I'd add a sediment filterand carbon block to protect your RO system.

You can also use the waste (flush) water for drinking.

On another topic, will it be helpful if I add another memberance to the system. Taking from the waste water of the first one and feed the 2nd one like BRS recommended to double the system capacity output?

I did this to increase my RO water to flush water ratio

Attachments

• 2 x RO units layout.png
    2 x RO units layout.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 0
Back