WIFI TDS meter

gsmcall

I've had a couple times now where I didn't realize my RO filters needed to be changed and found my TDS was too high. Is there such thing as an inline TDS meter that uses WIFI and can alert you when the TDS gets too high - so you know its time to change filters?? Maybe something like THIS assuming it would have alarms so it can notify me. In order to have the meter testing only the current water coming out - I was thinking to have like a small cup that the probe would stay in - and that would just overflow into my RO brute can. Has anyone done something like this ? Thoughts?

I've had a couple times now where I didn't realize my RO filters needed to be changed and found my TDS was too high. Is there such thing as an inline TDS meter that uses WIFI and can alert you when the TDS gets too high - so you know its time to change filters?? Maybe something like THIS assuming it would have alarms so it can notify me. In order to have the meter testing only the current water coming out - I was thinking to have like a small cup that the probe would stay in - and that would just overflow into my RO brute can. Has anyone done something like this ? Thoughts?
It's a good idea. If you happen to use a hydros controller there is this:

HYDROS Dual Inline TDS Sensor

unfortunately - no Hydros, but I do have Apex.
Yep me too. Surprised they haven't added one. Apparently you can measure TDS with a pm2 module but it requires some jumping through hoops and definitely not an inline solution.

If Apex did that, it would be great. The reason I'm considering the small cup that overflows is that I plan to implement the Neptune solenoid to trigger when to turn the RO system on and off - to reduce the wear and tear and only run it when the RO water starts to run low. So an inline system would still need to know if the solenoid is running and then run from there. Otherwise, the cup overflow could sense the TDS all the time and who cares. There's for sure a product there that I'm sure many would purchase. Solenoid -> RO system -> overflow cup with TDS meter -> RO reservoir. RO reservoir has a digital eye sensor to say - time to refill and turns the solenoid on.

Back