Royal Reefs

djsmallz

I was looking to get some pods for my reef when I came across Royal Reefs ,which is an internet based shop here in the area. I went ahead and placed an order for 3000 pods. They were delivered to my door this afternoon (free delivery in the local area). All I can say is wow. Pods were visible and plentiful, maybe even too plentiful as they threw in an extra bag. I went ahead and added the first bag with lights on to see the feeding response and man all of my fish look like us on Thanksgiving bellies swollen..lol. Although mainly amphipods I am very happy with the purchase so if you are looking for pods they be worth a look. I tried loading a short video but not well versed.
075576d3d6b2abc1cb5234df9779b85f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice. Thanks for sharing. I'll check them out. It is always nice to support local businesses.

Order mine yesterday after I read this. Have not heard anything from them yet. Hoping they show up today.

they were called something else before.....Had a bad reputation...

I hope not, I would hate to give a recommendation if that is the case. I used the email on their site, a little antiquated but they responded within a few hours.

Yeah, they use to be horrible half the stuff was never what they were supposed to be half the time. That's why I always did local pick up. Not sure how the new name and new website will change how they use to be maybe they have a new direction.

Yeah, they use to be horrible half the stuff was never what they were supposed to be half the time. That's why I always did local pick up. Not sure how the new name and new website will change how they use to be maybe they have a new direction.

Aquarium depot/ reefs2go?

Aquarium depot/ reefs2go?

Oh I hope this is not them. Having said that, the ones above were located in St. Pete. I know because I went there to pick up stuff for my old tank a few times and regretted it. This place says they are in Tampa near Waters Ave. So, I don't know...

That's funny you should mention Aquarium Depot / Reefs2go. When I saw Royal Reefs packing method from the pods you have there in yourr photo - that's exactly how Aquarium Depot ships their pods as well. That filter floss is a pain in the *** to get the pods out.

I also have ordered from Aquarium Depot both shipped and local pick up with no issues - but only pods / inverts. No corals or fish or anything like that.

I ordered pods once and didn’t have an issue as well. That packaging is what made me think of them. The website is also the same kind of stock photos and the pods are the same price. But the company’s have different owners on sunbiz.

Yeah so Royal Reefs is not Aquarium depot but they might get the same stuff from what ever vender the bags are almost Identical. I also Heard they offer free local shipping or something.

Back