Rtn/stn?

toronto_discus

Part of the birds nest has turned white overnight. Is this RTN/STN? I recently added two uv modules to my illumina 260.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 0
might be something eating its polyps, as the white parts are right at the middle.

check for crabs at night.

Looks like STn. Strange to get it on a birdsnest. Generally easy to keep and tolerable to most conditions

We went out of town for a few days, and when I got home the base of a birds nest that I've had for a while is just white skeleton. Most of the parameters in the tank are fine, but the alk is a little low. Dosing carbonate, and I dipped it just to be safe, but I really think I'm going to have to frag it tomorrow. Hoping the necrosis doesn't turn rapid overnight... How are your parameters? Wondering if something got at it during the night too. I don't think UV bleaches coral?

A significant alk swing can definently cause stn. If it were me, I'd frag off a healthy piece well into healthy tissue. If it does get worse or turn into rtn, u have your safety frag. If it stops and the piece regrows, just glue the frag back in with the rest and it will grow right back into the colony with alittle time.

I ended up fragging a healthy piece from the top of the colony. We just had a huge power outage and lost power for a couple of hours two weeks ago. All water parameters are stable and no huge swing in alk.

Back