Salinity kill my cleaner shrimp?

ReefWhatYouSow

So I've had little man for more than a year and I came home to him laying in the back upside down. My switch also got stuck and emptied my ato into the sump which luckily for me wasn't enough to overflow with the pumps running, but did drop the salinity to 1.024. Is that enough to kill my shrimp?

I can't my my urchin who has been in he tank since pretty much the beginning and Incant find the coral banded shrimp that I added in November, but maybe/hopefully they are in hiding.

Everything else (fish and coral) seems to be the same as it was.

7457687a977864c9c100134ae45e99a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salinity kill my cleaner shrimp?

Hard to tell from pics but a molt will look exactly like the real thing. My coral banded went missing for a year. When broke tank down, guess who showed up alive. My salinity took a dive to 1.020 (calibration error on my part). Didn't affect coral banded, but sps didn't care for it.

Hard to tell from pics but a molt will look exactly like the real thing. My coral banded went missing for a year. When broke tank down, guess who showed up alive. My salinity took a dive to 1.020 (calibration error on my part). Didn't affect coral banded, but sps didn't care for it.

You know... I may have jumped to this conclusion based on the salinity drop. Didn't even think about a molt. Now... do snails jump on a molt like this though?

https://vimeo.com/198424122

Well... I have found hope. Although the coral banded was missing at the same time his molt (or he) appeared in the same spot as the cleaner shrimp. Maybe this is their place to molt and I haven't noticed.

I'm sure everyone is just as worried about my shrimp as I am so I thought I would give the update [emoji3]

Back