SaltWaterAquarium.com for inverts?

chiefifd

Hi All...
Has anyone used SaltWaterAquarium.com for inverts? I'm not seeing much about their track record. Last invert purchase was from ReefTopia a few years ago.......At the time I was very happy with ReefTopia's order, just looking for a confirmation as we all know times change.
Thanks

I've used them for supplies and hardware without a problem, I've never used them for livestock. I did recently , 2 weeks ago, get an order from reefcleaners.com. Everything came in good shape and on time.

jjmg,
Did you use USPS or upgrade to UPS???? Curious
Reefcleaners was good, but USPS has been a let down for me in NE PA. I haven't heard anything negative about SWA's livestock, but my experiences with their dry goods have been great. I'd try them for livestock without hesitation. I've also purchased from Reeftopia within the year and they were great as well. Pricing everywhere in general has been wild, so I'd do some comparison shopping before completing your order.

Hi Breadman.....
Exactly why I'm checking..............I'm in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, not exactly a main route of commerce either.
I think I'll give SWA a try, looks like their facility is in Chicago where they ship inverts from.
I'll place the order this coming Monday, & let ya know how it goes.......
Take care.... & Thanks

I used USPS but I live in Mobile, Al so close to their Florida location. Being in the UP, you are probably right with going with someone closer.

Definitely let us know how it goes. I was initially confusing them with saltwaterfish.com. Never knew saltwater aquarium sold live goods.

I hadn't bought replacement inverts for a few years. While looking around for the best prices on Red Sea salt I stumbled across the inverts @ SaltWaterAquarium.com
Prices are higher for sure than 2 years ago, especially when shipping is added. But it's all part of the hobby

Well........
Tuesday I ordered 10 Blue legged Hermits, 10 Red legged Hermits, 10 Cerith snails & 5 Mexican Turbos from SaltwaterAquarium.com The Trochus snails were out of stock I wanted, oh well.....
Received good communications (e-mails) about them receiving the order, and when shipped (from the Chicago Area). The order was shipped out late afternoon on Wednesday by FED-X overnight. I received the package here in Upper Michigan at 5:30pm Thursday (not ideal, but ok).
All inverts packaged well, with a heat pack, all bags fully inflated, no water loss. No apparent losses during shipping, I'm sure two or three of something probably won't make it.
Overall a positive experience for my first time invert order from them.......

That’s good to hear. They have a lot of ORA classics that I may try when weather is better

Yup, I should have gotten this order a month or so ago. I'm pretty much done ordering anything live until May......:)

Back