Sand bed question

Vanquishxxxx

i have a 3-4 inch sand bed and the only thing that is on it is a marble serpant star, should i have snail or anything, it looks clean jsut dont knwo if i shoudl have things sturing it up at a;;??

Well, if it's clean, then I'd say it's ok to leave as is. If there isn't enough to eat, the snail can die off anyway. I have heard sea stars can be detrimental to live sand beds, though.

I see you have no lighting, not much can grow on that . if you add a light leave it on 12 hours a day nothing will stay clean.also if you add a light dont use 12 hours a day start with 3 or 4 and work your way up to keep from getting a bad algea bloom.all things in the ocean need sun light. well on a reef that is.

no i have NO lighting (normal output) flouresent lights, jsut a fish only with inverts right now , i am actually getting the t5 sunlite hood soon cant wait!!!

Then you will see growth. gl :) remember to use a little and add more time to adjust your tank to new light.

well bigger is better. helps keep tank clean.But freaks on everything from sticking my hand in to adding new coral,and to many micro bubbles. Im making a refuge as we speak and will put skimmer in there to take care of bubbles. besides that does a great job collecting waste.

Back