Santa came early

spotfin

Got my new ray tank:D

59039100_2367__Small_.JPG

Santa came early for me too... i got a 175W MH for my 29gal. My fish are gonna need sun glasses... but damn will any clams i get love it

Beautiful tank. Need any help? :) BTW inside the overflows isn't so quiet anymore. I had to make adjustments. Both pumps were almost completely clogged and after a good cleaning water is really moving. When it goes into the overflows it falls to the bottom and it's really loud so I'm adding 1 1/2 in pipe to the inside to bring the water level up. Quiet again. Take care of your new one, Mitz

Thanks. Anyone is welcome to see it once I get it set up. And yes, could always use help:) Need to make a stand and put the plumbing together.
I was wondering why your overflows were so quiet. How high is the pipe you added?
The company in Biddeford made this tank http://www.marineeco.com/. Denise is an authorized dealer for them. They all did a super job. Many thanks to Denise and Sam. Basically told them what I wanted and the size. I highly recommend them.

I'm still tweaking the height of the pipes. I'm 4 inches below the overflow and that seems to be quiet again. It's also added more water volume so that should help parameters even more. It's amazing the The person who I got the system from never said a word about not having cleaned the impellers and never covered the intake so snails couldn't get stuck in them. What a mess. I also placed screen across the intake to the pumps from the sump.

Do the covers over the overflow towers help any with noise?
It's amazing what a clean impeller can do. I really notice a big difference when I clean the impeller on the skimmer pump.

Oh, I hadn't thought of that one. It's in the sump too. yes, the covers help. I guess I have another pump to clean. Thanks Jason. :) never, never done
I am hoping that the installation of screen covering the intakes for the pumps will keep the snails out. We will see.....

OOoooooo, I wanna see it!!!! That is a wicked nice tank Jay. They sure did do a awesome job... I'd help out as well if you need anything. Your rays were cool just one their own.

Hey, Jay, what's up with the 15 gallon semi reef? You sticking a toe back into reef waters?

:D
Laurie

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8815705#post8815705 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jessiesgrrl
OOoooooo, I wanna see it!!!! That is a wicked nice tank Jay. They sure did do a awesome job... I'd help out as well if you need anything. Your rays were cool just one their own.

Hey, Jay, what's up with the 15 gallon semi reef? You sticking a toe back into reef waters?

:D
Laurie

Haven't updated my sig in awhile. Don't have the corals any more. Guppys live in it now:)

Back