Sarcophyton issue

Nick_Northern

Hi all, can anyone tell me what might be going on with my sarcophyton, the last few days polyps have been mostly retracted and it has a lot of small circular white blotches growing on it. None of my other leathers are showing any symptoms.

Thanks

Nick

e74dc71363c470bc98b8a010751dc51b.jpg

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Likely shedding. Does it look shiny?
No its not shiny, doesn't look like it usually does when shedding but it could be. I'm wondering if my nitrates are a bit low for it? they are sitting at around 1ppm, weird that none of my other softies seem bothered though

How long has it been in the tank at that location? Any changes in flow, filtration, lighting, parameters?
Its been in its current location for around 6 weeks, no other light or flow changes since then. I did drop steadily drop my nitrates to around 1ppm which has killed off my chaeto, wonder if the drop is also affecting the leather. I got the coral as a tiny frag around 7 months ago and never seen it look like this.

It is starting to go a bit shiny so maybe shedding, never seen the white bits before though, almost look like eggs

0d0bb1ead7d0ce144202712c6becd455.jpg

That does not look usual. Leathers can be weird, but I haven't seen one look like that before.

Keep an eye on it..if those white spots continue to grow and look like fungus patches, keep a VERY close eye on it.

That does not look usual. Leathers can be weird, but I haven't seen one look like that before.

Keep an eye on it..if those white spots continue to grow and look like fungus patches, keep a VERY close eye on it.

Thanks will do, It definately doesn't look right. I realised one thing I did in the same timeframe was add polyfilter to my sump, maybe this took something out of the water that the sarco was relying on. I have removed the polyfilter and will do a wc, hopefully that will perk it back up

Back