Seachem Phosguard

HABS#1

Anyone use it and if so how well does it work? I got a 500ml container from J&L for 9 bucks which is a fraction of what I was paying for RowaPhos so I am looking for some reviews or insight into it. I figured I would give it a shot for the price why not.

I used it on my last 46g tank I owned. My phosphates were always .01.

However, I have heard from many that it is aluminum based and leaches something back into the water. I can't remember exactly what the problem was... but someone will confirm what I forgot.

I'm planning to use a better phosphate remover from reef bulk supply on my current tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12868068#post12868068 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FranktheTankTx
I used it on my last 46g tank I owned. My phosphates were always .01.

However, I have heard from many that it is aluminum based and leaches something back into the water. I can't remember exactly what the problem was... but someone will confirm what I forgot.

I'm planning to use a better phosphate remover from reef bulk supply on my current tank.

Hmm interesting according to the side of the container it doesn't leech anything back into the tank water. It statesd it is not an exchange resin and thus will not leech anything back into the water.

I know. I still have some here that was unused. I'm surprised no one has chimed in yet. Most people hate the stuff. Like I said, it seemed to do the job for me. For what it's worth... I used it for 4 or 5 months and witnessed no ill effects on my reef tank. So I think it's safe. However, I have heard several people mention a negative about the product.

I just planned to get the GFO stuff since everyone swears by it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12868472#post12868472 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FranktheTankTx
I know. I still have some here that was unused. I'm surprised no one has chimed in yet. Most people hate the stuff. Like I said, it seemed to do the job for me. For what it's worth... I used it for 4 or 5 months and witnessed no ill effects on my reef tank. So I think it's safe. However, I have heard several people mention a negative about the product.

I just planned to get the GFO stuff since everyone swears by it.

I will havwe to look into the other stuff I am just tired of paying 30+ dollars for 250ml of RowaPhos to be honest. Then replacing it every 3-4 months at most usually sooner.

Back