seahorse vacation feeding

Noah_Reefing

anyone know the best method for feeding seahorses while im gone to marathon for 2 weeks? can i just dump like a ridiculous amount of brine shrimp in and have my friend feed a cube of frozen every day?

I would have a friend feed frozen mysis two times a day. It really depends on your seahorses and what they are fed when normally . If two time then a friend could do the same. I never feed live brine shrimp to my adult seahorses. Not really nutritious inlet gut fed prior to feeding.
Not knowing your daily routine it hard to give a advice. Other then what I do if away.

For that length of time I’m not sure how they will do with one feeding a day. I’ve done one a day for shot weekend trips. But at most it was three days. My wife gets upset at times because of them interfering with out free time and taking trips. But I can get my son to feed them.

For that length of time I’m not sure how they will do with one feeding a day. I’ve done one a day for shot weekend trips. But at most it was three days. My wife gets upset at times because of them interfering with out free time and taking trips. But I can get my son to feed them.
what if they get extra food or live shrimp.

I can’t say for sure, it probably be doable if they are healthy with one feeding a day. I did have a tank with macro algae and pods and only fed once a day . They would hunt pods all day.
This is a photo of the tank. It had 4 seahorses. But the tank was really balanced as far as live foods. I haven’t been able to duplicate it since.
72CCAEDC-3FA9-4555-A67E-BE1EB2939F62.jpeg
BB3C32F4-BD47-4F53-A401-CBD138300751.jpeg

late to the party...perhaps it may help others in the future? Could you have set up a small container or refugium with holes filled with macro algae and bubbles, then have an auto feeder dump a mixture of flake food(1:5 ratio of flake to brine shrimp( or whatever other critter) eggs once or twice a day into that container. brine shrimp will eventually leave the refugium...

just brainstorming

Back